Thursday, September 8, 2011

I've Been Memed (!?!)

Kelly, author of the fabulous blog Southern Fried Children (which if you don't follow, you should) tagged me in a post to "meme" some of my past ramblings.  Keep in mind that I haven't been doing this for very long and don't have a lot to choose from.  And sadly, I don't "know" a lot of bloggers.  I'm gonna do my best.  Here goes.   ::rubs hands together::

The rules of this meme are as follows:
What this is about: To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.
 
Rules:
1.  Blogger is nominated to take part
2.  Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
- Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of
3.  Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4.  These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5.  And so it goes on!
6.  The site Trip Base be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on their blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links
 
My most beautiful post:  Beba* .  It was supposed to be me kvetching about how frustrating she can be.  Instead it exposed the root of my frustration, which was my love and admiration for her. 
 
My most popular post was by far I have issues . . . .  .  Apparently you people have a schtick for laughing at my "isms".  Which are numerous.
 
The post that caused the most controversy was a post entitled "Bitches and Porsches" which I subsequently deleted.  This blog is an outlet and a means of venting for me.  After I wrote that post and got it out, it served its purpose.  In the end, I'm a lover not a fighter.  I didn't want all that venom hanging around in cyberworld.  If you want to read it, email me and I'll send it to you.
 
My most helpful posts were Dirty Laundry and The D Word .  I was overwhelmed by the response I got to both--from people who were either in a similar situation or had been.  The thanks I got for writing both of those gets me all weepy.
 
The post whose success surprised me?  If the flip-flop fits .  I had no idea my fashion faux pas would be sooooo entertaining.  Bitches. 
 
The post I didn't feel got the attention it deserved was Escape .  Not because it was so beautifully written or was a profound topic--just 'cause I really wanted to know what you all were reading.  You people either don't read for pleasure or aren't reading my posts.  Either of which is unacceptable.  Ha!
 
The post I am most proud of?  Now that's a little tricky.  When I first started this blog, I obsessively checked my stats after each post.  And then it occurred to me that this was truly about me and not what everyone else thought or how many people read my rants.  The fact that writing and outward expression aren't exactly my "thing" makes me proud of all of them, to be honest.  If I have to pick a favorite, I would have to say "Beba"--as much for the subject matter as the way it was written. 
 
Nominations:
 
 
 
Whew!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment