Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Empty Nest

Chucker brings enough energy in to this house to run a nuclear power plant.  This place just feels different when he's here.  There's always something abuzz:  him, phones, TVs, video games, something.  There's a different vibe; the verve is palpable. 

He left Sunday to go back to his dad's.  Soccer tryouts are this week and he has to be there.  I missed him terribly as soon as he left.  I tried to talk myself out of it:  with all that energy usually comes a mess.  Yeah, it didn't work.  What's a little mess in exchange for him and his liveliness?  He's just so fun and funny and goofy.  I can't help but be in a good mood around him.  Whatever he's got goin' on is contagious, fo' sho'.

Morgan is an over-committed teenager. She's never here. 

John left to go out of town Sunday as well.  Besides companionship, my husband contributes a great deal to the goins-ons in our household.  Especially of late when Riley's been so clingy and crabby.  He empties the dishwasher, does laundry, gets the baby up for his first feeding, and gives me time to "punch out" for a few minutes (so as not to lose my angelic composure =)).  Not to mention does some of the shopping, carts churen to and fro,  does yard work, etc.  Then there's that whole workin' full-time and providin' for all of us thing.  There's also the taking over so I can take a shower (and shave my legs!  Joy!) or run an errand . . . .

For instance, this morning I had to go to the eye doctor, because the eye* issue I had over the weekend was getting worse and worse and uglier and uglier and I have to do somethin' about it now before I lose my effin' mind.  Whew!  So, I drag my teething ultra-cranky baby to the eye doctor . . . and it's his nap time.  Yay!    This would have been a great time to have some effin' help . . . .

Things like that are usually why I dread him going out of town.  But on nights like tonight, I am reminded why I love this. 

There's just me, Skinky, and Sandy.  Aahhhh . . . .

I love my husband and my churen dearly, I do.   They are helpful and a joy to be around (most of the time).  But it's quite refreshing to have an empty, quiet house.  The only noise in here is the sound of my dog snoring beside me and Riley breathing over the baby monitor . . . . . in and out, in and out, in and out . . . . .

'Night y'all.   

*As a side note, I went to a doc-in-the-box because I was afraid of getting cellulitis of my eyelid. "I really don't think that's what this looks like, Mrs. Mundy". Great! I go see my eye doc today, you'll never guess what his diagnosis is . . . . . cellu-effin'-litis. I could go in to grave detail about how disgusting the crap oozing out of my eyelid is, but quite frankly, I'm sick of dealin' with it.  Mental note:  if it's bad enough to seek medical care on the weekend, it damn-well better be bad enough to go to the ER.  No more doc-in-the-box.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment