Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Interested Buyer

So, I inherited some new (to me) furniture, which meant I had to sell my old living room suit. My vote was to put it out on the street to be picked up by whomever, but my husband suggested we try to sell it.

Sell it I did. I posted it on craigslist and got quite a few interested folk within minutes. The chaise lounge and ottoman sold within 24 hours, the couch took a lil' longer.

My phone rang at about 8:00 last night, and the caller ID showed an out of state cell phone. Weird. I hesitantly answered . . .

Hello?!?

You have a red couch.

Yes, I do.

It's for sale on craigslist and it's red. Very, very red.

Yes it is. It also has red pillows to go with it.

It just gets better and redder by the minute, now doesn't it?

The caller goes on to explain that he has a girlfriend interested in the red couch and could she and he come check it out, say tomorrow after school? I say sure and agree to text him my address, which I did. After thinking it over, I also sent him a text saying that they were more than welcome to come see it that night.

There are a great many affordable couches in this town; it's kind of overwhelming. It might help if you texted over a few additional photos.

Oh you're good! When my hubby gets back with his spiffy phone, I will do just that!

Perfect! =)

After my phone conversation and now our electronic dialogue, I decided to have a lil' fun. What the hell? I was bored:

I have freshly made taco soup (that's pretty spectacular if I say so myself) and homemade chocolate chip cookies if that helps. Just sayin'.

Oh! Well, I can come! She cannot, but I'll act on her behalf.

Come on!

I'll be there in about 10 minutes.

I totally thought he was joking. He was not. Ten minutes later I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Interested Buyer. And I do mean pleasure.

Would you like some cookies?, I ask.

::eyes rolling back in head::  Ab.So.Lutely.

This is the point at which he became my BFF. We had milk and cookies, inspected and discussed the couch,  talked about the aforementioned girlfriend, and a whole host of other things. About ten minutes in, I really didn't care whether or not I sold the couch. Which I did, by the way.

A new BFF from craigslist. Who knew?



No comments:

Post a Comment